Lesson 1: What is the most interesting map you've ever seen?

Welcome to Bright Ideas Press Forums North Star Geography Online Geography Skills Lesson 1: What is the most interesting map you've ever seen?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Tyler Hogan 3 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Tyler Hogan

Some people have a deep love for maps — and often it’s because of a map, atlas, or book that first captured their imagination. For me, it was probably the maps from Tolkein’s The Hobbit and Ruth Stiles Gannett’s My Father’s Dragon series.

Then there are also atlases that I love just pouring over. The “Atlas of the Real World” is one of my favorites — it’s a thematic atlas that adjusts the sizes of countries depending on certain statistics. For example, it might have a “cost of living” map with certain highly developed countries greatly expanded and other poorer countries very small in comparison. It’s meant to show impact rather than size and shape, which makes each map a fascinating blend between a map and a graph.

How about you? Do you have a favorite map, atlas, or book that sparked your interested in geography and mapping?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DOWNLOAD THE BRIGHT IDEAS PRESS CATALOG

DOWNLOAD THE BRIGHT IDEAS PRESS CATALOG

Subscribe to receive a digital copy of the Bright Ideas Press catalog.

Great! Now check your email to receive your catalog. Please note it may take up to 30 minutes to receive.