Lesson 13: Sacred Space

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Tyler Hogan 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tyler Hogan

Not all religions consider their places of worship “sacred space.” Most Christians would that the it is the people who make up “The Church” that are sacred, rather than their local church building and grounds (though there are exceptions).

Have you ever visited a space which is sacred to either your own or some other religion? What was it like? What did you notice about your visit?

Tyler Hogan

For instance, I recently visited a Mormon Temple before it was dedicated. Once dedicated, only Mormons with a recommendation from their local pastor would be allowed in. It was an interesting tour. I was struck by how small the individual rooms were. Most had a max capacity of ~60 people, and many were only set up for small groups of 20 or fewer. I had expected large open areas for corporate worship, like my own church. I was surprised to learn that the purpose of the space was not corporate worship, but rather the various private rites and rituals the LDS church performs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DOWNLOAD THE BRIGHT IDEAS PRESS CATALOG

DOWNLOAD THE BRIGHT IDEAS PRESS CATALOG

Subscribe to receive a digital copy of the Bright Ideas Press catalog.

Great! Now check your email to receive your catalog. Please note it may take up to 30 minutes to receive.