Why take time to “Piece Together the Poetry Puzzle”?
- Because the Bible is full of poetry and imagery, learning about poetry helps us understand God’s Word.
- Working with poetry helps us better understand the English language.
- Writing Poetry offers a unique way to express our thoughts and feelings.
- Exploring poetry joins us with our past in the “ah-ha” moment when we recognize a truth that someone else has put to words.
This course provides a close-up look at poets through the ages and provides the opportunity to interact with their work. By exploring a range of poetic techniques & devices, students will be able to both read and create poetry with understanding and meaning.
This book includes:
- 32 Weekly Lessons covering biographies of famous poets and explantions of key poetic devices
- Easy-to-Use Comparative Timeline
- Easy-to-Use Maps
- Poet Info-Cards & Game Directions
- Poetic Device Cards
- Poetry Puzzle Cards
- Note-taking Pages
- Answer Keys
- Coloring Pages
- Directions for Hosting a Poetry Slam
- Poetry Reading and Resource List