When you think of writing or teaching your child to write, do you go into panic mode?
- Afraid your child will never learn to write?
- Frustrated because nothing seems to be working?
- Ready to give up because your child hates writing so much it always turns into a battle?
Amazing things can happen when kids who don’t like to write, are afraid to write, or don’t know how to write are given a program that works! Foundations to Writing is a no-stress approach. For the first 18 weeks or more, the student doesn’t even write! To teach writing, you can’t start with actual writing. Because writing is a developmental skill, there is an entire foundation that needs to be laid before we can ask students to write sentences and paragraphs, let alone a research report! This foundation includes developing three skills that are necessary for writing but are usually never taught:
- 1. Observation
- 2. Brainstorming
- 3. Organization
Foundations to Writing teaches these necessary skills so that students are mentally prepared to write when the time comes. This program also features:
- A format geared to each student’s pace and readiness
- Strategies for a variety of learning styles
- Options for students who refuse to write
Foundations to Writing is a program designed specifically for use in Illuminations and is based on LearningSuccess Writing Program by Victoria Kindle Hodson, M.A. and Mariaemma Willis, M.S.