NORTH STAR GEOGRAPHY is now available as an online class!
- Quickly and easily download your text, assignments, and audio lesson by lesson
- Get test grades and feedback instantly — and retake tests as needed
- Interact with other students and Tyler Hogan (the author) in the private class forum
- View bonus links and materials curated by the author
Each of the book’s 16 lessons is available to download individually, along with the activity directions, map work, memorization, research questions, and note-taking pages. When you’re done with the lesson, take the quiz online and get feedback instantly!
Work at your own pace! Downloadable suggested schedule grids are available to help set your own schedule, but you can complete the quizzes at any time you wish to log on.
Also included are a selection of reference and outline maps, graphic organizers an extensive glossary, a grading rubric for hands-on projects, and a report-card calculator (as an Excel file).
The quizzes each contain 10 multiple choice and T/F questions about the lesson text. (Question order and answer order is randomized to prevent re-taking quizzes on autopilot if the grade is unsatisfactory the first time around.) A passing grade of 70% is required to advance to the next lesson. After the last lesson you can take the final exam, consisting of 50 questions taken from all the lessons. A certificate of completion is awarded to anyone of passes the final exam.
If you want to test your students on the mapwork and memorization list, you can take those tests too! If not, you can bypass them. At the end of the year, simply plug all the grades from the components you choose to use into your Excel Report Card to get a detailed final grade report.
We recommend that students who pass the final exam and complete the hands-on assignments their teacher selects receive one high school credit of geography.
GEOGRAPHY is more than just place names and outline maps—it’s understanding how the world around us works! North Star Geography gives students a deep understanding of how geography impacts all of us every day-with real-life applications for college, career, citizenship, and ministry.
Written from a distinctly Christian perspective by a homeschool grad (now a homeschool dad), North Star Geography covers:
- Geography Skills (such as reading maps and navigation)
- Physical Geography (the lithosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and biosphere)
- Human Geography (social structures, culture and heritage, interacting with the environment)
The Online Class Includes:
- Hands-on activities and projects
- Map work, memorization, and geographic research questions (with answers!)
- Quizzes, a final exam, and a grading rubric for the homework
- Reproducible outline and reference maps, note-taking pages, and graphic organizers
- Audiobook version of the Student Reader
- A private forum where students can interact with classmates and the author
If you want your students to understand our world, this could be the most important class you teach!